Friday, June 7, 2013

Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself

 God gives us a pretty clear reason that we shouldn't worry in Matthew 6:25-27. "Therefore, I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air. They do not sew or reap or store away in barns, and yet your Heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life?" 

Since Seth has joined the Army, God has showered us with blessings. He has financially blessed us in so many ways. There is no denying it: all of these things are proof that God is faithful, and He will provide. After all, we are much more valuable to God than the birds, and he makes sure they are fed! Here are just a few ways God has provided: because of Seth's service to the military, our credit cards and loans are all brought down to 6% interest. I have been able to pay off several bills since he has started getting his Army paychecks. Snap Fitness contacted me about teaching Zumba two nights a week, and then increased it to 3 nights, which is an extra $60 a week out of nowhere. A friend contacted me about teaching Zumba this summer at some local daycamps. I will get over $100 extra from that. We got a letter from his job from over a year ago saying that they still owed us his last check ($120). I was able to take him off my insurance since he is now covered by the Army, which is saving us almost $100 a month. My dad had a lot of travel "points" that he was generous enough to share, so he is flying me and my sister to Colorado so I can see my school, work in my classroom, and attend a meeting for my new job. 

My new job! I applied, did a Skype interview, and got hired all within 2 weeks of finding out our first duty station. All without knowing a single soul in the entire state of Colorado. (It is all in who you know. I know Jesus!) The day I found out I got the job I had 2 letters from Seth in the mailbox. He said several times in his letters, "I pray in Jesus' name that you are going to get a teaching job in Colorado." He didn't even know at that point that I had an interview! Also, all the soldiers got to sit down with a Drill Sgt. on Memorial Day and ask questions. By then I had told him about the job, and we had a lot of questions. So, he was asking them, and he explained that I had already gotten a job. Shocked, the Drill Sgt. asked, "Warren, how did your wife already get a job?" In front of the whole group, Seth answered, "Drill Sergeant, we prayed about it." Also important to note: this job was posted the Friday before we found out we were moving to Colorado on Sunday. It was a high school language arts teaching job, and they also had an assistant cheerleading coach position. Was that made for me or what?! 

One last little story. My sister-in-law, Natalie, offered to buy me a dress to wear to Seth's graduation ceremony. She is so thoughtful and generous, and she knew I would want to have something special to wear that day. She came to town this week and took me shopping. Her mother-in-law, Linda, was also in town taking her granddaughters to swim camp, so she was shopping with us too. I found a dress that I really loved, and Nat found some things she liked too. Linda offered to buy my dress and Natalie's items! I was so humbled that she would do that for me! Then Natalie offered to buy me the jewelry to go with it! I cannot even explain how thankful I am for this blessing. When I thanked Linda, she said, with tears in her eyes, "God has blessed us, and so we bless other people." Linda recently lost her daughter, very unexpectedly, to a rare illness. Her daughter, Julie, was young and beautiful. She was a mother to five children. Attending her funeral was, by far, the saddest thong i have ever experienced. And here was Julie's mother, praising God for blessing her family, and buying a dress for ME, of all people! Because they were willing, God was able to use these two women, and I cannot begin to explain how grateful I am for their generosity. The passage from Matthew 6 goes on to say, "And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lillies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Soloman in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, oh you of little faith?" (Vs. 28-30) Thank you, Lord for "MUCH MORE" clothing me! 



No comments:

Post a Comment