Friday, June 7, 2013

The flower

One of the last things Seth had to do at Basic was FTX. (Have no clue what that stands for.) Basically, they go out into the woods and spend the night and train for combat, at least that's what I gathered. So he couldn't send any letters that week, but when he got back, he sent a flower that he had picked out in the woods. It was a tiny purple flower, and he took the care to press it between paper so it would keep its color. (I did not know that little trick, but he said he remembered learning it in science class.) Anyway, I opened the letter and the little, dry, purple flower fell out. He had written, "I have a flower I am sending you from FTX. It symbolizes you because I had it the whole week and I used it as my motivation." He also said it reminded him of my beauty and love, and he thought God had placed it there just for him. (Plus, purple is my favorite color.)

So, of course, I was very touched. I wanted to keep that flower forever, but it was so delicate and looked like it could fall apart at any moment. I had an idea to make a necklace out of it. I got the supplies at Hobby Lobby. It is basically two small pieces of glass in a bronze frame. I put the flower in one and a stamp from one of his letters in the other. I put them on a brown leather necklace. I think it turned out pretty awesome! I have such a loving and thoughtful husband. I thank God for him every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment